Friday, December 2, 2011

Videos and news...

So, videos... Wow. I just watched the video for Ke$ha's 'Blow' and although I was surprised to see James Van Der Beek, I was even more surprised to see the rainbows and unicorns. Though, being it was Ke$ha's video, I don't know why it surprised me lol. If you haven't seen it yet, click the link below.

Ke$ha - Blow

I've got music video playing on the laptop I'm using since I don't want to have to sift through Sev's music to find something I like. It works for me, guarantees the music I want is right there =). And I don't have to sift through too much crap to find it.

So anyway, I have some good news. Some great news. And obviously, like every news situation, a bad news.

Bad news (just to get it out of the way now): Primerica isn't going to happen. Turns out the location I found is some kind of scam location just using Primerica's name and everything. So that job isn't happening, which is why I'm glad I didn't pay for my background check, but it sucks that I won't be getting that job. You know, out of the 10 years I've been working, not one job has ever asked me to pay for my own background check. I've had to go pick up my criminal records for some jobs, but never had to pay anything. So I guess that should have been a red flag right there. But at least I didn't get too deep into it to back out before I lost any money.

Good news: The RYLA job is real and I managed to get my friends Sev and Xan signed into it. They are currently at their orientation to fill out their hiring paperwork, and to get the extra information they need about the job.

Great news: The guy who hired me on called me today to check in and make sure the guys got hired okay and to let me know that he wants to keep me around. After the BENEFEDS project is done with, he wants to make sure I stay on, but get moved to the AT&T project after the 12th when my project ends. Said point blank that I sounded intelligent and professional enough that he wants to make sure that someone like me stay with the company. So even after the 12th I'll still have a job =)

So once I start making money I can work on getting me and Shaun out of his dad's apartment and into our own. I need to work on getting a cheap-o car first. I don't need anything fantastic as long as it runs and is good on gas =).

Oh, and on another note my inspiration is slowly coming back to me, after months of being dormant due to the seemingly endless rain of stress. I'm glad all of this bad stuff is finally ending.

-KTFX

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the one job. But since you have the other one now it doesn't really matter. That's really good news! I'm very happy for you.

    It's good that you're stressed less and finding your inspiration again.

    ReplyDelete