Thursday, December 22, 2011

I love mother nature...

But I hate her storms... Ever since I was fourteen I've had this morbid fear of bad storms, or any storm involving lightning. It started in Ohio with a visit to relatives. Two tornadoes went by on BOTH sides of the house we were in, and although by some freakish miracle not one shingle was loose on the house, I have been petrified ever since. If there is lightning, I hide. Simply put.

Now, one thing I'm finding out tonight, living in a 3rd story apartment with horrific winds blowing, is that when it blows through the railing and bars of the railing on the balcony, as well as when it comes blowing up through the mountains, it can make one feel like they're hearing a tornado. Which, by the way, there is a tornado warning out right now, which means I shouldn't even be on here, but it's the one thing distracting me and keeping my mind off of what's going on out there right now.

Seriously, every five minutes or so, sometimes less, the wind literally shakes the windows of the room I'm in. It is rattling my nerves I assure you.. I could really usea cig right now but that's definitely not happening in this weather. Even though the porch is covered, I don't want to risk being out there when a tornado touches down. That's my luck.

-KTFX

No comments:

Post a Comment