Friday, February 10, 2012

Another update

So, today/yesterday (sorry, my day got started at 11:15am Thur, and I'm ending now on Fri), was highly eventful. I had a field trip basically, all to get a license...

So, to get a car, I need a Georgia Driver's License, and depending on what car lot I end up going to, a copy of my taxes, and my last two pay stubs from work. Now to go from having a Florida DL to having a Georgia DL, I need my FL DL, my birth certificate, Social Security card, and proof of residency. Anything with my name associated to an address. I don't have my birth certificate, and no one back in FL can find it for me so I ordered it offline and put a rush order on it.

Today/yesterday I go to the DMV with my birth certificate, my SS card, my FL DL, and the packaging my birth certificate came in (and the government office issued receipt) since the packaging and receipt both have my name associated with the address I'm trying to get on my GA DL. Since they're both government office issued, they will work. I get there, wait, get to the counter... I need something else for proof of residency. Either a rental agreement (1), utility bill (2), or bank statement (3) that show that address with my name.

1) Chris Jr and I don't have any kind of rental agreement since it would mean his apartment complex knew I live with him right now. It's supposed to be just him in the apartment, which means I can't risk it getting back to them, or he'll lose his home. I can't do that to him.

2) I have no home to my name and my cell phone is prepaid, therefore I have no bills in my name. That option is out of the idea.

3) I DON'T TRUST BANKS. So, that means I have no bank statements. Due to my history with banks, I'm not even sure I can get a bank account, and I damn sure as Hell don't even want one thanks to Bank of America, Wells Fargo, BB&T, and SunTrust.

So, when I leave the DMV I go to the only bank around that I know of that isn't one of those banks, which is Regions bank. It's close by to the apartment so it's not like I have to drive all over Hell and creation to go to my bank, especially since it's so widespread around here, all the way damn into FL. So, if anything goes wrong when me and Shaun go down to get our stuff from FL, I can stop in at the local branch of it.

I do need to pause in all of this to say that the lady who signed me up with an account, was damn helpful. She was very nice and personal, which is more than I can say for any of the bank employees I've gone toe to toe with.

So, I go in, explain my situation, get my new bank account, and get my ass back to the DMV. Takes an hour, but I finally get seen, and I finally get my GA DL. I...am a Georgia driver! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! Watch out Peach heads! I am officially one step closer to getting my own car. I get paid this week, and I can wait until I get my next paycheck to have enough $ for a down payment, starting insurance, and still have gas to get to work for my next check.

Hold on, phone's ringing.... Hello?

Is this KTFX?

….Yeah? Who is this?

Life. Guess what... I'm about to drop a bomb on you.

Yep, that's right... Life dropped a huge bomb on me right before I was due to clock in. Apparently Sev's mom's insurance found out that he's living in Georgia with a South Carolina tag and insurance. So, they're canceling the insurance, which means as of later today (Fri), Sev's car will no longer be legal for me to drive because the state of South Carolina is demanding he surrender the tag and send it back to him.

I have close to $800 to put a down payment out, get insurance, and have gas until my next check, as well as handle the bills I have this week. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!

So today alone I have to do the following: Print my taxes, my last pay stub, find a car, get insurance, and do the whole registration process. Today is going to be Hell on Earth. Please everyone, wish me luck that everything goes well, and that I don't totally lose my head. I'm honestly worried about my sanity in regards to today.

I don't think I'll be able to relax tomorrow until I have my car, have it registered and insured, gassed up, and in the parking lot of Chris Jr's apartment complex...

-KTFX

No comments:

Post a Comment