Sunday, January 8, 2012

Today's been uneventful...

Me and Shaun finally finished the first season of Desperate Housewives today after a few days of watching it on and off. Didn't want to wear him out on it so we made sure to watch movies every now and then instead of the episodes. I"M going to give him a small break before tuning him in to the second season since I own it too lol.

Right now he's busy cleaning up some stuff while I handle some small stuff online to pass the time since I can get pretty bored when he's doing this cleaning. I'm actually kind of stressing a little right now, honestly.

Since a couple months after getting head-hunted and fired from 7-11 I've been getting unemployment until I can find a job. Well, last month when I got hired on for the BENEFEDS project at Ryla, I was hired on 11-30-11, pending the results of a background check. Since it wasn't definitely, since I didn't know what hey were looking for, I kept looking for a job in case that fell through. So when it came time for me to claim my job hunting weeks, I put in the work time for when I was with Ryla. Only problem is, I messed up a little.

On the web-site, when you're filing your work search for the given weeks, it asks you, "What say did you start work for this company?" Since I didn't actually start working for Ryla until 12-5-11, that s the date I entered into the page. Apparently they meant "What day did you get hired by the company?". Hell, if that was the case they should have worded it that way. Because even though I was hired on 11-30, I didn't START WORK until 12-5. Like right now. I got hired for the Verizon thing as of 12-30. But I don't start work until 1-15-12. That kind of thing threw me off, so now, until they finish their investigation my funds are suspended, which is not good, because I have bills that are due this Saturday. I need $110 by then or I'm in trouble. I can go without the $45 for my phone, cos the phone is not as important as the other bill I have.

Now, the temporary lack of funds isn't my biggest problem. My little mistake could cause me to go to jail. If they deem that I did it intentionally, they'll count it as fraud. Now, they already sent me paperwork to fill out myself, and I sent it back to them very next day, detailing everything as best as I could. And, I even typed up a letter to better explain things, so that hopefully they can see it was just a mistake. Here's to hoping, but I've got this wicked sense of dread just looming over me... I'm not liking it.

Then again, knowing me, it's just my pessimism rearing it's ugly head and pressuring me into thinking bad things.

But anyway, bit of good news, I got to talk to someone I haven't been really able to talk to for a while. It was brief, but we're both doing our own thing right now. Well, Shaun's done cleaning and we're going outside for a cig. Later.

-KTFX

ps- Hello to any of my friends reading this today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment